Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:33:46 -0700
From:      Aditya <aditya@mighty.grot.org>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netra X1 ISO boot success

I've been able to boot the image in sparc64-20020408.iso with a CDROM drive on
a Netra X1 successfully. I was able to follow the install instructions to
disklabel, copy and untar the distribution on the ISO onto the IDE. However,
it seems to "hang" when I try to boot off the newly installed IDE (I did a
disklabel -B on it). The output is given below. I suspect I've missed a step,
but can't figure it out so would welcome any hints.

Probing /pci@1f,0 Device 7
Probing /pci@1f,0 Device 3
Probing /pci@1f,0 Device c  ethernet
Probing /pci@1f,0 Device 5  ethernet
Probing /pci@1f,0 Device a  usb
Probing /pci@1f,0 Device d  ide disk cdrom
Sun Netra X1 (UltraSPARC-IIe 400MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 4.0, 640 MB memory installed, Serial #50992570.
Ethernet address 0:3:ba:a:15:ba, Host ID: 830a15ba.

Environment monitoring: disabled
Executing last command: boot disk0
Boot device: /pci@1f,0/ide@d/disk@0,0  File and args:

at this point, it just hangs.