Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:25:49 -0500
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
To:        Rohit Dube <rohit@cs.umd.edu>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ethernet-like interface statistics and ioctl/sysctl

At 09:21 AM 2/25/97 -0500, Rohit Dube wrote:
>I was wondering if any version of FreeBSD had an ioctl or
>sysctl interface for collecting the dot3* (ethernet like) statistics
>from ethernet drivers (allingnment errors, collisions etc).

No it doesn;t

>I am looking 2.2 code and man pages. The 'de' drivers seems to maintain
>the correct (RFC 1643/1650) statistics, but I can't find an interface which
>exports these to user land in the man pages or in the code.

There isn't one.  I've asked for one in the past.  The de driver stats are
for my use in debugging.

>Anybody care to comment on the current or coming support? Or if it
>already exists, how to access it (ie the ioctl or the sysctl parameters
>or pointers to docs or code.)

I was hoping for sysctl support but I'll probably break done and just
add an ioctl.
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt.html
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message