Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2013 20:56:47 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Joe <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loading ipfw at boot time

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 21:23:58 -0400, Joe wrote:
> I know ipfw can be loaded at boot time by adding statements to
> /boot/loader.conf.
>
> Problem is I dont know what the ipfw module names are.
>
> How do I find the ipfw names to use?

There are two ways. The first is to do a "ls" command in
/boot/kernel to see the modules related to ipfw:

	/boot/kernel/ipfw.ko
	/boot/kernel/ipfw_nat.ko

According to the rule (see "man loader.conf" for details)
of how modules are enabled, the corresponding statements
for /boot/loader.conf would be:

	ipfw_load="YES"
	ipfw_nat_load="YES"

Note that the ipfw_nat module is only needed if you're
going to use NAT functionality.

The second way is to check /boot/defaults/loader.conf
for related statements. It contains this line:

	ipfw_load="NO"                  # Firewall

Is this what you've been searching for, or did I
misunderstand your question?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany