Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:07:28 -1000
From:      Clifton Royston <cliftonr@lava.net>
To:        Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 6.3-RELEASE-p3 recurring panics on multiple SM PDSMi+

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:45:30AM -0800, Royce Williams wrote:
> We have 10 SuperMicro PDSMi+ 5015M-MTs that are panic'ing every few
> days.  This started shortly after upgrade from 6.2-RELEASE to
> 6.3-RELEASE with freebsd-update.

  I was having similar problems on some servers using 6.2-psomething,
which also use an NFS server heavily (for shared configuration files),
until I started using the same vmem.kmem_size tunable Kris is
recommending.

  That seemed to solve the problem for me.  (I just slapped it up to
512M rather than try to binary search for some optimum value.)

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr@iandicomputing.com / cliftonr@lava.net
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/