Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 00:26:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        cjohnson@neunacht.netgsi.com (Christopher T. Johnson)
Cc:        bob@pmr.com, shocking@prth.pgs.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Further on tape & CAM problems

As Christopher T. Johnson wrote ...
> > On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 08:45:36PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > >
> > > Exabyte is not particularly famous for stable firmware.
> >
> > I have quite a number of 8200's here (though I don't really use them
> > much anymore since I now have a Mammoth) that I have installed new
> > firmware in.  From an email discussion with an Exabyte tech support
> > person back in '93 (I believe it was), the latest level of firmware in
> > shipping 8200's (this was right at their end-of-life) was:
> >
> > MX: 2680
> > SV: C034
> >
> Unfortunately I don't have a eprom burner.... :-(

> cam_debug: queuing for immediate ccb
> cam_debug: queuing for immediate ccb
>
> After which I have the same error again.
>
> After this world is installed, I'll test again, then build and test with
> a UP kernel.
>
> 	Chris
>
> PS Thanks for all the help I've been getting from people willing to try
> and replicate the problem.

To get another datapoint I ran the 1.3Gb dump on another Exabyte drive.
This one is a:

sa0: <EXABYTE EXB-8200 252X> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-CCS device

No problems found. I'll do a resup and bring the testbox to the latest
-current to see if that makes any difference. Will take time..

Groeten / Cheers,