Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:00:18 -0700
From:      <service@fixer.com>
To:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Can't get rid of configure box

uname -a --  FreeBSD fixer.com 5.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Mar 30 20:16:41 GMT =
2004   root@:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/VIILATV i386

I have been using FreeBSD since version 2.1.  Almost 10 years. =20

I am having a problem installing some ports of the ports collection.  On =
php4, mod_php4 and netscape7 after you type make, a configure box =
appears.  This box lets you select the options you wish(makes sense). =
The problem is "I can't make this box disappear".  You can press =
"escape" or "cancel" to get rid of it,  but you also loose all the =
selections you made.

Once, on mod_php4 which I got by cvsup, I got rid of the configure box =
by pressing "enter".  The info on the box entered and the box =
disappeared.  Then "make" proceeded as normal.  Its the only time it =
worked that way.  Now when I cvsup, they have a different version of =
"mod_php4" and I have the same problems with it.

I am trying to install nescape7.  It has a configure box which lists 8 =
distfiles.  browser.xpi, spell_check.xpi, etc.  Once again, I can't make =
the box disappear.  When you press "enter" the "X" under the curser, =
appears and disappears with each press.  That all it does.  If I cancel =
the box, all configuration is lost.  It then looks for .xpi files with =
nothing to left of .xpi(all distfiles end in .xpi, browser.xpi, =
spell_check.zpi, etc).  Of coarse it doesn't find any.

If I can find a way to "enter" the box, Netscape7 will correctly =
install.

Hope somebody out there knows.

Thanks in advance,
bruce