Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 00:36:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        bob@pmr.com
Cc:        bob@pmr.com, cjohnson@neunacht.netgsi.com, shocking@prth.pgs.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Further on tape & CAM problems

As Bob Willcox wrote ...
> On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 10:26:36PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > As Bob Willcox wrote ...
> > > On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 08:45:36PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >
> > > shipping 8200's (this was right at their end-of-life) was:
> > >
> > > MX: 2680
> > > SV: C034
> > >
> > > This is for generic models.  OEM models may have different versions
> > > due to customizations.
> >
> > And these are not recommended for general use.
>
> Hmm, why is that?  The newest of the IBM branded Exabyte 8200's that I

That is what I've been told by an Exabyte engineer years back. I can only
guess that some OEMs need adaptations to the firmware behaviour that are
incompatible with what the rest of the world needs (or has standardised
on, e.g. in the ANSI SCSI standard). Again, guessing.

> have have precisely these firmware levels in them (2680 & C034).  Also,

Mine works OK with that f/w. Not that I use the 8200 often anymore,
I like my DLT4000 much better than the 8200. ;-)

Groeten / Cheers,