Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:51:41 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        mwm@mired.org (Mike Meyer)
Cc:        tobez@tobez.org (Anton Berezin), tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), des@ofug.org (Dag-Erling Smorgrav), jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org (j mckitrick), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: most complex code in BSD?

> > > Anything with "perl" code in it: it's a write-only programming
> > > language, useful only for throw-away code.
> > Wow, wow.  Opinions are strong here, aren't they?  ;-)
>
> I happen to think that Terry is wrong, and you can write perfectly
> readable code in Perl. I even hope some day to see an example.

Heh.

Perl rivals APL as "the best language to use if you want to swing
a dead cat at the keyboard and end up with a running program".

Anyone else remember TECO lottery?  You baged down on a bunch
of random keys on the keyboard in command mode, and then you
tried to figure out what it would actually do to the edit buffer
as a result of hitting return.  If you were right, you won...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.