Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 22:48:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        gad@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   need to not expand a cvs tag in a man page

Folks,

I want to put the following literal string in my man page for mergemaster:

#DIFF_OPTIONS='-I$FreeBSD:.*[$]'        # Ignores CVS Id tags

Unfortunately, cvs is expanding that as a cvs id tag. I DO want to expand
the actual cvs id tag for this file, so I don't want to use the -ko
option. Any other ideas? In case it matters, the text in question is with
.Bd -literal.

Note, I don't think that enclosing the first $ in [] will work either,
since when I tried the above in my most recent commit, cvs ignored the
first [, and left the ] on at the end of the string.

Thanks,

Doug

--

    "The last time France wanted more evidence, it rolled right
        through Paris with a German flag." - David Letterman