Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 10:34:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Veggy Vinny)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: long motd files - screen pause?

> Greetings everyone,
>
> 	Does anyone know how to get the screen to pause after each page
> for long motd files?  Thanks!

Soloution #1:

	Hack /bin/login to system 'more'; then after you are
	logged in, set your terminal type so login's more will
	page at the right length.  Wait, that won't work, since
	the information is not available until after you are
	logged in.  8-).

Soloution #2:

	Use a smaller motd.  Use the UNIX 'news' package (*not* netnews)
	in the /etc/csh/cshrc, et al.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---