Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 17:04:14 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Urgent: problems with Tk81 ?

Hi,

  Since I have installed tk81 port in my machine, some thinks stopped
working:

  - ical stops with a Bus Error during startup.

  - vic dies with Segmentation Fault when I call the menu.

  I don't know enough about tk to find the problem, but I located a
problem in tcl81 running it's tests:  It fails in stringObj.test
with a Bus Error.

  Didn't anybody else see this ?  My current make.conf CFLAGS is:

CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe -fexpensive-optimizations -m486 -malign-functions=2 -malign-ju
mps=2 -malign-loops=2

  But I also tried with just -pipe, and it still breaks.

  If tk81 is not reliable enough, maybe the ports needing tk should
be backed out to use tk80 before 2.2.6 release.

					Jonny

PS: The xcd and tksol, both with tk81, work ok.  But they are just scripts,
and not C programs with libtk linked.

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698				jonny@coppe.ufrj.br