Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:44:28 +0000
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
To:        Larry Sica <lomion@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

> One thing i want to make clear though, the idea of core is something i
> would never advocate even thinking of abandoning.  I just dont think
> that because i dont have a commit bit and am not a developer that i am
> less valuable.

Certainly, value is a perception. Folks who contribute are _very_
valuable, as it it our contribution-base that gives our most direct
exposure to our user-base. Advocacy, bug reports, anything.

Any time you help move the project forward, even by small steps, is
appreciated more than you can imagine, and more than I can hope to know.

It is such small steps that has given the project the credibility that
it has, and it is thanks to folks who give a damn to maintain that
status.

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH