Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:25:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      "David C. Snyder" <dsnyder@web.turner.com>
To:        Phil Rosenthal <winter@villaweb.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dell 4350 SMP faults

Hello,

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Phil Rosenthal wrote:

> Unrelated, but possibly related:
>
> I have a problem that all my Dell 1550's crash when they have 2GB of
> ram, but are stable with 1GB of ram, the exact same kernel works
> fine on a STL2 with 2GB of ram.

We've seen the same symptom on a Dell PowerEdge 1550.  In our case, we
upgraded the RAM from 768 MB to 2 GB without increasing swap space.
We only have 1 GB of swap.  I assumed that this was part of the
problem since the boot messages had something to do with swap or
virtual memory.

This has not been a priority problem for us, so we've not perused it
further.  Please let me know what you find though as we will
eventually want to get this box back up.  :)

David C. Snyder
CNN - Internet Technologies
Desk:   404 827 1679             Nextel ID:  46
Cell:   770 616 0080             Pager:  david_snyder@imcingular.com