Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 15:26:44 +0200 (SAT)
From:      jvisagie@insight.co.za (Johann Visagie)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyrus IMAP Server

Has anyone ever tried to get the Cyrus IMAP Server going on FreeBSD 2.X?
(http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/)  FreeBSD is not included in the
list of systems on which it has been successfully compiled, yet at least one
comment in the source seems to indicate that the authors made provision for
FreeBSD.

(I'm currently busy trying to get the thing into a compilable state.)

Alternatively, does anyone know of any other way of setting up multiple POP3
mailboxes without adding accounts for all the users?  (I object to doing the
latter because (a) it's inelegant and a pain to administer, and (b) what with
POP3 already sending out username/password pairs in cleartext, I can do
without those being the combinations to actual accounts.)

-- V

Johann Visagie | Email: jvisagie@insight.co.za | Tel: +27 83 777-4260