Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 1995 23:53:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      brian@MediaCity.Com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Is the source the reference?

Where does policy come from?  Is the source the reference,
is there some policy somewhere, or something to refer to
determine the most right solution to a problem?  Or do I just
ask "hackers"?

For example, I'm in need of a millsecond or microsecond delay
function for a device driver.

Does DELAY() do what I expect?  Some of the drivers seem to
use other strategies for achieveing this affect.

Also, I'm in need if a 'do { } while (!done && !timeout)'.  Is there
a recommended way to implement this in device drivers.

Thanks,

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com