Date:      Sun,  9 Dec 2001 16:34:08 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Wardle <michael@endbracket.net>
Subject:   docs/32654: There are broken links on the FreeBSD webpage

>Number:         32654
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       There are broken links on the FreeBSD webpage
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD twincat.vladsempire.net 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Sat Dec 1 20:59:55 GMT 2001 jpaetzel@twincat.vladsempire.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TWINCAT i386

The following links are broken on www.freebsd.org/docs.html
		Under Articles, both of the Computer Bits links to Ted's
		articles need to be updated.
		Under Links, the Open Directory Project links both need
		to be updated.
		Under Additional Resources, the freebsdzine is not currently
		up, and should be removed until it comes back on-line.

Browse http://www.freebsd.org/doc.html and try out the links

>Fix:
Apply the following patch to docs.sgml

*** docs.sgml   Sun Dec  9 15:50:14 2001
--- docs.sgml.old       Sun Dec  9 15:29:00 2001
***************
*** 293,301 ****

!         <a href="http://www.computerbits.com/archive/1996/0300/lan9603.htm">a
            FreeBSD based mail server</a> to doing <a
!             href="http://www.computerbits.com/archive/1997/0800/lan9708.htm">N
etwork
            Address Translation</a> for other hosts.</p>
        </li>
      </ul>
--- 293,301 ----

!         <a href="http://www.computerbits.com/archive/9603/lan9603.htm">a
            FreeBSD based mail server</a> to doing <a
!             href="http://www.computerbits.com/archive/9708/lan9708.htm">Networ
            Address Translation</a> for other hosts.</p>
        </li>
      </ul>
***************
*** 381,390 ****
      <ul>
        <li>
!         <a href="http://dmoz.org/Computers/Operating_Systems/Unix/BSD/FreeBSD/
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
 ">Open
             Directory Project</a> offers an excellent selection of links for
           FreeBSD, including a list of
 !         <a href="http://dmoz.org/Computers/Operating_Systems/Unix/BSD/FreeBSD/
 Prominent_Users/">prominent
       </ul>

 --- 381,390 ----
       <ul>
         <li>
 !         <a href="http://dmoz.org/Computers/Operating_Systems/Unix/FreeBSD/">Op
 en
             Directory Project</a> offers an excellent selection of links for
           FreeBSD, including a list of
 !         <a href="http://dmoz.org/Computers/Operating_Systems/Unix/FreeBSD/Prom
 inent_Users/">prominent
       </ul>

 *** 418,423 ****
 --- 418,428 ----
       <h3><a href="http://www.daemonnews.org/">Daemon News</a></h3>

 +
 +     <h3><a href="http://www.freebsdzine.org/">The FreeBSD 'zine</a></h3>
 +
 +     <p>A monthly collection of easy to read (we hope)
 +       articles written by FreeBSD users and administrators just like you.</p>

         effort.  The goals of the project are outlined here, as are the