Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 02:37:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        brian@MediaCity.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   all the way there with pccard stuff

Earlier Brian Litzinger wrote:
> When I insert my cards I get
>
> May 13 20:26:32 top cardd[167]: Resource allocation failure for AD PC_CARD
>
> May 13 20:26:00 top cardd[167]: Resource allocation failure for CNet

Now Brian Litzinger writes:

Wow, that pccard stuff can be tricky.  The stuff in -current is -old.
I got the latest stuff, installed it all, and still had the problems
outlined above.

Well, I figured them out.  For the 'AD PC_CARD' the error was my
attempts to assign it to irq 3, which had been taken by the pcic
driver, so moving it to 11 fixed that one.

On 'CNet  ' I had used the wrong offset into the card config space,
so things were unhappy.

All is well, and now I don't have to boot DOS anymore to have
point enablers enable my PCMCIA devices. Yeah!!!!

Of course, now I have another pile of code in my /sys tree which
sup is going to keep overwriting.  8-(

Brian Litzinger
brian@mediacity.com