Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 1997 20:53:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bogus interaction between NFS and mount

Another way to make the same thing happen: suppose you have /usr/ports
mounted sync on your server; while your client is chugging away do this
on the server:

	 mount -o update,async /usr/ports

and for a window of time you'll see the permission denied messages on the
client side.  In this case an operation on the same file system is
occurring - in your example it is even more ... interesting...

-Chris