Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:30:06 -0500
From:      Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fibre Channel Controller [ LONG RESPONSE ]

On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 07:40:56PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> So, to get back to your question: I'd have to say that FC is cool, and
> will really be awesome over time, but it's just *barely* at the level you
> could put it together in your own shop with. Caveat Emptor. Man, it's
> painful to admit this, but it's true.

  That is my experience while looking for FC gear.  I'd love to replace
the storage systems on our dozen or so servers with two FC storage servers
and a FC switch.  I couldn't find any reasonably priced solutions.

  BTW, can your driver handle that scenario with a switch?  i.e.  multiple
hosts accessing one or two FC arrays (with independent RAID controller).

  Thanks,

  Tim