Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 2015 18:03:56 -0400
From:      Paul Kraus <paul@kraus-haus.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Storage question

On Sep 8, 2015, at 17:32, Paul Pathiakis via freebsd-questions =
<freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Just curious, why not ZFS?  It is extremely stable and then you don't =
have to worry about properly sizing but you can limit the size of a =
parition from growing out of control.  Due to the pooling, you have =
access to all your storage on the drive to all the partitions.

I second the =93why not ZFS=94 question here, even under 9.3. While it a =
harder to install a zfs-only system under 9.x, you can. I built a number =
of them before 10.x came out, some still in production. In addition to =
the ability to (almost) dynamically move space around between =
=93filesystems=94, you get the end to end data integrity features.

--
Paul Kraus
paul@kraus-haus.org