Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:46:35 -0600
From:      "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   network issue

I just installed fbsd4.7 on my laptop. I used a lot of the default settings
like default security and the ssh. I had to add my PCMCIA NIC to the
pccard.conf so that my machine could be on the network. After doing so i
configured it and I was able to access the web and the other machines from
it. I then tried to ssh into the laptop from another machine on my network
and i get nothing. When i try to ping the same laptop from another machine
on my local network i get nothing.

[/usr/src/sys/i386/conf]> ping 192.168.1.44
PING 192.168.1.44 (192.168.1.44): 56 data bytes
100 % packets lost.

i tried this from several other machines and get the same results.
Anyone have any advice? Something to look for?

thanks for any help,

brian