Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 1995 15:25:11 -0400
From:      GREG CASTELLUCCI <gyc@ftdetrck-ose1.army.mil>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Advice

Folks,
I am a fairly new Unix Buff looking to turn my 486 33 PC into a Unix device/host
What I am doing is trying to find out which Unix platform to go with Linux or
FreeBSD.  I have solid experience with the System V Unix administration & build
and basically would like to widen my Unix knowledge to BSD and PC based systems.
I am mainly concerned with all aspects incl. TCP/IP capablilities such as SMTP,
World Wide Web Server, telnet, ftp, and LPR/LPD.  Also looking for the best
X-Windows and all around good documentation.  My question is twofold, 1)
which one of these platforms should I go with, and 2) How can I find good
supporting documentation for them ?  Can someone point me in the right
direction.    Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

                                      Peace,
                                           Greg Castellucci
                                           US Army - Fort Detrick
                                           gyc@ftdetrck-ose1.army.mil