Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 15:44:19 -0500
From:      Peter G <pgatz@tiac.net>
Cc:        tom brown <tmcb1971@yahoo.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is the PAO install always this hard?

I've installed FBSD PAO 3.3 & 3.4 successfully on over a dozen laptops.
All were either IBM TP 760ED or 770 series.

What I have come up w/ is 2 rules of thumb to make life easier

1.) Keep the memory to 32MB or so during the install, then add the addl'
memory chips later as desired.
2.) Put ALL the install dirs (except the packages) along with the PAOBIN
dir right ON the HD that you'll be installing onto,  on the same machine
and pick "install from an existing file system". This can be a
DOS partition upfront or whatever. Remember that a small DOS partition
up front is desirable to be able to run those utilities to set up say
your 3COM PCMCIA NIC to the right IRQ, or flash your BIOS etc. Should
you wish you can also include the latest XF86 dir as well. (XF86336
right now)

Also I assume you're  booting off of the PAO 3.4 boot floppy.