Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 21:57:21 +1000 (EST)
From:      guardian@dark-rune.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with SSH.. sometimes

Sometimes when my freebsd box is rebooted (*gasp*, yes! I reboot it, hasn't
crashed yet :) ), I get this message:

hd[257]: error: bind to port 22 on :: failed :: address already in use
Jul 2 23:27:25 gordon sshd[257]:error: bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0 failed
access already in use.
cannot bind to address.

-------

Specifics:

I have my FBSD 4.0 box networked to my Win98SE box. The win98SE dials
up/has IC on.

I am telneting/ssh'ing to my BSD box until such time as I can get the USB
card to work :) (added it into the kernel, trying to get it to work now :) )

What I am wondering is:
What does the above message mean exactly? And why does telnet/ssh only
sometimes not work. It seems that if I reboot the box a couple of times...
it works.

Thanks for any help,

Geoff