Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:02:38 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is FreeBSD dead ?

Hi,

I've just read the announcement of the merge of BSDI and Walnut Creek
CDROM. (March 10 2000).

I guess it's a sad day for FreeBSD. I can't imagine how a company selling
it's own BSD could at the same time let another BSD free.

Has the FreeBSD project become the test-bed for BSDI ? or
the single user evaluation of BSDI...

Il FreeBSD dedicated to become the 'RedHat' of BSD (when you know the
junk sold by redhat.

I think it is time to think to something else NetBSD ? OpenBSD ? Linux
(which one?)

I've been using FreeBSD since August 1994 (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1)

--
Didier Derny
didier@omnix.net