Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:43:21 -0800
From:      "Jeff D. Hamann" <jeff_hamann@hamanndonald.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   best method to upgrade 4.4 to latest?

I'd like to upgrade my system and I have a nervousness about the process. I
would like to upgrade my XFree86, samba, smbfs_mount, Qt, GRASS, etc and
have been trying to do this by cvsup and upgrading one at a time. Is it
better to simply upgrade the entire system to the latest and greatest or
upgrade one at a time? I currently have 4.4 and don't know if 4.7 or 5.0
would be better. The machine is my company server and if anything goes
wrong, I'd be dead meat, which I'd rather avoid.

Thanks,
Jeff.