Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:35:07 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, guru@sisis.de
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD clients for M$ Exchange

--nextPart5277159.42e49XTm8P

Am Montag, 22. August 2005 14:13 CEST schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> Hello together,
>
> In the future we will use an Exchange 2003 server because
> it provides groupware functionality for the clients (in most

My condolences. I had years of awful experiences with Exchange 5 and 5.5,=20
but the absolutely worst thing I've ever seen is 2003. Fortunately I=20
haven't had to do much with it, but there are lots of features wich aren't=
=20
documented for regular adminitrators. Such simple things like redirecting=20
undeliverable mail to a dedicated postbox instead of bouncing. Or using a=20
smart host. The hidden GUI switch is officially the wrong way to do, but I=
=20
couldn't find the right way. Just to mention some examples....

There are so many great IMAP implementations out there, if you need=20
groupware functionality consider using IMAP based implementations (like=20
evolution or kmail can use, olso Outlook would be able to use lots of=20
funktions with simple IMAP servers, at least with cyrus ACL support) or=20
have a look at more groupware oriented systems like kolab.
Just a advice. But most important, keep your staff away from outlook, the=20
biggest worm sling which can do some things but not send correct E-Mails=20
at all! And since That hasn't changed the last 7 years/5 versions why=20
should one think it will ever improove?

Regards,

=2DHarry