Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:08:19 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Qpopper Port

I am going to have to give up maintaining qpopper.  Not because I don't =
have the interest or time, but because I simply cannot update any port.  =
The old port system may have had issues, but it worked!!!  The new one =
does not.  I am completely unable to upgrade or install any ports on a =
9.1 or higher system.  I have a number of those in production and will =
have to now resort to obtaining ports from the original sources and =
making them work on my systems.  Its a colossal pain in the *&^*&^.

I tried portmaster qpopper to get the latest source.  That failed with =
lots of errors in other ports.  Too many to try to do individually.  I =
then used pkg_delete to delete all ports.  Repeated portmaster qpopper.  =
Portmaster no longer exists.  Tried pkg_add -r portmaster.  Message to =
setsomething in /etc/make.conf.  Did that and then tried to run pkg2ng =
as it requested.  pkg2ng does not exist.  Its not a port either.  Dead =
end.  Went to /usr/ports/port-mgmt/portmaster and did a make.  Get =
errors that file names are misspelled.

Perhaps the new port system can be used by those who spend their day =
using it, but for those of us who have real work to do and only use it =
when needed, its just not viable.=