Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2012 15:00:09 +0100
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   building firefox from mozilla-central

Hi

I'm on ia64, so www/firefox doesn't build.
(I know I'm on my own).

I've several open bug reports with mozilla folk.
I have to build from mozilla-central,
outside of the ports tree. I wonder if anybody
on this list has done something like this,
say while preparing FreeBSD ports patches
for firefox. Would be great to share tips, etc.

For example, I'm getting this build failure with
mozilla-central:

Installed /usr/ports/www/firefox/mozilla-central/testing/mozbase/mozprofile
Processing dependencies for mozprofile==0.1
Searching for pysqlite
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pysqlite/
Reading http://pysqlite.googlecode.com/
Reading http://code.google.com/p/pysqlite/downloads/list
Best match: pysqlite 2.6.3
Downloading http://pysqlite.googlecode.com/files/pysqlite-2.6.3.tar.gz
Processing pysqlite-2.6.3.tar.gz
Running pysqlite-2.6.3/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-vEpCLB/pysqlite-2.6.3/egg-dist-tmp-9BKkCI
In file included from src/module.c:24:
src/connection.h:33:21: error: sqlite3.h: No such file or directory

Looking at the list of requirements in the ports
for firefox-12, I can't see pysqlite.
Maybe it's coming with firefox-13?
Anyway, I wonder if I should install databases/py-sqlite3 instead.

Thanks

--
Anton Shterenlikht
Room 2.6, Queen's Building