Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 1996 22:15:44 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>, "Craig Shaver" <craig@progroup.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Opinions? NT VS UNIX, NT SUCKS SOMETIMES

Once again, let's move this off current....

>While working at M/Cast a couple of months ago, Win95 tended to
>crash oh about 5 to 10 times a day  during development of the
>multimedia apps.
>
>A bad transceiver brought to its knees all the Win95 PCs. The sun
>boxes and the FreeBSD seemed to happily continue working.
>
>I guess if you don't use Win95 for development is an okay platform.

Who asked you to?  Windows 95 is a multimedia home OS.  It is not
supposed to be a serious development platform.  It crashes, sometimes
often.  Everybody knows it crashes.

(In case it isn't clear, you can develop Windows 95 apps on Windows
NT.  You only need Windows 95 to test them.)

We were talking about server OS's.  We were talking about Windows NT.
We were not discussing home gaming platforms.  Windows 95 is not
Windows NT.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.