Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 00:54:28 +0100
From:      John <news@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CD IMAGE - howto?

Hello freebsd-questions people

Before the questions, some background:

With debian linux (hope nobody gets upset when I mention these) it is
possible to download an iso-9660 image of the cdrom. Well, in fact, it
is possible to download images of the entire cd set. I think this is a
splendid idea. The problem is that it is not FreeBSD. Now, I will have
access in the next few weeks to a machine with 10MB ethernet link to
internet with a cd burner attatched, and I thought to myself well now is
the time to burn a cd set of latest freebsd stable.

My questions:

Are cd images of this type available for download?

Are they bootable (on systems equipped with the appropriate bios)?

If cd images of this type are not available for download, can some kind
soul point me in the direction of the FAQ that describes how master my
own cd set?

Thank you.

To reply via email please use news-reply at i-zone dot demon dot co dot
uk. Hitting 'reply-to' will cause it to bounce on the SMTP envelope.
You have spammers and email harvesters to thank for this. Sorry.