Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:55:25 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@ptavv.es.net>
Cc:        mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crashed again.

On Sunday 20 January 2002 19:43, Kevin Oberman wrote:

Hello Kevin and all,

As of now (19:51 of Sunday)  the box has been working ok with this other CPU.
I checked the old heat sink and there was still thermal paste on it, but
somehow when the fan failed the cpu overheated and is now damaged (will
reboot after a few hours of work)

With this other cpu it seems to work ok, I did several buildworld tests and
so far it seems the box is reliable again.

I think the lesson is that pc fans don't last mucho more than 1.5-2 years of
usage in a 7*24 box.

Thanks to all that replied.

> And NEVER over-clock this chip!

It's now underclocked :)