Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2017 14:41:50 +0300
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   poudriere suggestions

Hello.
I noticed recently that you guys implemented the "set source-path" option (=
-S) for jail creation; thanks a bunch for that tweak.

I have some questions about other poudriere functions:

* Does poudriere do incremental fetch of source file diffs or does it downl=
oad the whole thing from scratch? I seem to remember that it can be increme=
ntal?

* There's a cache folder under poudriere/data, full of  package files but a=
ll 3B in size. What's the purpose for this?

* Some ports have no option flags and they take extremely long (6+ hours)to=
 build (prime example is the webkit-gtk2/3 ports). Might there be a "fetch-=
only" list in poudriere for such ports?

* The build que optimization in poudriere might consider port build length =
as a parameter, so that all build jails get full usage. I sometimes see 2 o=
r 3 jails idle because poudriere is waiting on an ongoing build, whereas th=
e port in question could have been built much sooner in the process but sma=
ller ports had been queued.

Thanks

--=20
FreeBSD_amd64_12-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.