Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 16:17:23 EDT
From:      "Phil Mummert" <the1600boy@hotmail.com>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recurring natd error message

I looked at some tcpdumps, but in all cases none of the packets were lost.
The only thing fishy was an occasional arp who-has tell 0.0.0.0
I am having other problems that may be related. On bootup, I get many error
messages about another MAC address using my IP (0.0.0.0). This MAC is not
one of my interfaces. I assume my dhcp lease is perhaps conflicting, but my
attempts to renew it don't seem to change anything.
Can you explain how to renew a dhcp lease, what the deal with 0.0.0.0 is,
and if this even relates to my initial problem.