Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 19:24:57 -0800
From:      Michael Oski <oski@pacbell.net>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
Cc:        Steve Grandi <grandi@noao.edu>, Paul Sandys <myj@nyct.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I need a strategy for making my STABLE installation stable

OK, I'll throw a couple of penny's too - quick; duck!

I've been running stable on a piece of crap motherboard (one of the $59.95 jobs)
with a 2940UW in "ultra" mode for months. It doesn't do too much heavy duty work,
mostly IP gateway and DNS stuff. I have never had a problem with this controller
or the Seagate drives connected to it (of course, I probably will immediately
following the send of this message ;-))

I'm interested in seeing the results of your next dump...
Good luck!