Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:39:50 +0800 (CST)
From:      =?big5?q?Kai=20Tai=20Dung?= <patrick_dkt@yahoo.com.hk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for thread testers

Hi,

I am using a Dual PIII PC with a 3ware Raid Card. I have cvsup yesterday, install buildworld and tried both the 4BSD/ULE scheduler.
I have installed these packages that I have compiled in an FreeBSD 5.1 release machine:

XFree86 4.3
KDE 3.1.3/Konq
Mozilla 1.4
Openoffice
xmms

While changing with the /etc/libmap.conf, the above programs works with libkse/libthr and operate correctly, except that it will hang when i run glxgears &.
It just hang, no kernel panic. I use 8500+DRM, and glxgears work fine in FreeBSD 5.1 release.

While testing, I did not notice significant boost in speed compared with FBSD 4.x/5.1.

Later, I will test the jdk1.3.1, 1.4 (with or without native thread) and atapicam + recent merge of ATAng.

Patrick

第二世(謝霆鋒),習慣失戀(容祖兒),兄妹(陳奕迅)...
Yahoo! 鈴聲下載