Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:40:05 +0400
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wen Heping <wenheping@gmail.com>
Cc:        ruby@FreeBSD.org, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/138100: [Update]databases/ruby-dbi:update to 0.4.2

Hi Wen!

Thanks for your patch!  Personally, I'd prefer to stay back
from switching to gem version as I don't see much benefit
for this step.  Why have you decided to switch to gem?
Besides introducing new dependency on the old gem version,
this will also possible break application that people use
as this will require changes to this application sorce code
to function properly with gems (require gems).

Can you please, submit the patch against the current version
without changing it to using gems?

Thanks!

--
Stanislav Sedov