Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 10:22:11 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        dvwd@wwdg.com
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multi processor support?

dvwd@wwdg.com wrote:

> >From the (very) few items i can find on the freebsd web pages it looks like 3.2 supports MP.  Does it do it automagicly?  How
> can I tell if it's working and using both cpu's in my system?

The 3.2 kernel does support SMP - but you'll need to compile your own kernel
(this option is disabled by default in the GENERIC kernel).

> Also, is there any way to control what processes happen on
> which cpu?

AFAIK there is no way to control the affinity of processes under FreeBSD at
present...

> Are there any man/how to pages for setting up SMP?

So long as your board is good/supported - it's pretty simple... Look at the
GENERIC kernel under 3.2 - and uncomment a couple of lines :)

-Karl