Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:19:24 -0700
From:      Stephen Jones <smj@cirr.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Opinions on freebsd/alpha

Hi, I'd like to hear some opinions on production implementations in
regards to FreeBSD/alpha.
I'm not really interested in how much uptime you've accumulated on a
idle or lightly used
system.  Basically I'd like to hear from people who are using
FreeBSD/alpha with:

* stock DS10L and CS20 machines (AS8400 too)
* At least 10 NFS clients and one or two NFS fileservers
* more than home directory mounts, but steady to intense reads
(mostly), but writes as well 24/7
* NIS for 30,000+ accounts (well, your userbase should be at least 5000
or 5000 'websites')
* MP (at least 2 CPUs)
* 4.10 or 5.2.x (would you consider 5.2.1 for production?)

Have you had any issues with lock manager panics (locking onself) or
vnode 'vnlock'ing with
cascading deadlocks?  other issues? lock ups? panics? funky stuff?

You're welcome to email me privately if you don't think it would be
appropriate to share with
the list.