Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 17:24:01 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Scanner SOD <scanner@webspan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CISCO configuring for mbone

In message <Pine.BSF.3.91.960326142054.18397A-100000@orion.webspan.net>you writ
e:
>Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to get this cisco 2501 of
>ours configured to broadcast the mbone to my xbox on the lan?
>The xbox is xxx.xxx.70.43
>the router is xxx.xxx.70.1
>out tunnel from mci is 204.70.64.61
>It terminates at our router.

ip multicast-routing

access-list 161 permit xxx.xxx.70.0 0.0.0.255

interface tunnel0
  ip address xx.xx.70.1
  ip pim dense-mode
  tunnel mode dvmrp
  ip dvmrp metric 1 list 161
  no ip mroute-cache		# Multicast fast-switching is broken
				# in many IOS releases

Interface ethernet0		# or whichever xxx.xxx.70.xx is connected to
  ip pim dense-mode

I *think* that should get you started.  Too bad ftp.cisco.com is down right
now or I'd check some more up-to-date documentation.

  Bill