Date:      Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:32:53 +0100
From:      Bjorn Eikeland <bjorn@eikeland.info>
To:        Jaco van Tonder <jaco@coocoo.za.net>
Subject:   Re: [5.2.1-RC, IPFW] Traffic Shaping

There isnt much you can really do as to shape incomming traffic, however
you can limit how fast you accept the incomming data. (At least this is
what im used to from my little experience with linux.)

I tried* the following rule, and in theroy it sounds up to the job:
ipfw add pipe 1 tcp from not me to me smtp

*)when I say tried I really mean ipfw didnt complain, but no traffic
actually saw it.

Obviously you can replace 'me' with your actual ip and 'smtp' with 25, but
I find its easier to read english.

Feel free to try that though :)