Date:      Sat, 11 Jun 2016 16:02:10 +0300
From:      abi <abi@abinet.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail's emails

Most of work is done by host, so the plan is to disable some of periodic
stuff, leaving only serious matters like port security.

This can be done by creating /etc/periodic.conf.local file with contents
like this:
## This is JAILED systems periodic configuration ##

# Daily options

daily_status_network_enable="NO"
daily_clean_hoststat_enable="NO"
daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"
daily_status_include_submit_mailq="NO"
daily_status_mailq_enable="NO"
daily_submit_queuerun="NO"
daily_status_disks_enable="NO"                          # Check disk status
daily_status_rwho_enable="NO"
daily_status_security_pkgaudit_enable="YES"
daily_pgsql_backup_enable="YES"

daily_show_empty_output="NO"
daily_show_success="NO"

security_status_kernelmsg_enable="NO"

security_show_empty_output="NO"
security_show_success="NO"

# Weekly options

weekly_whatis_enable="NO"       # our jails are read-only /usr

weekly_show_success="NO"
weekly_show_info="NO"
weekly_show_empty_output="NO"

With this config files most of the time jail has nothing to report.