Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:02:50 -0500
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Patrick Vierheilig" <patrick@westsound.com>
Subject:   Re: WaveLan 802.11 driver

No, at least when I looked at it last summer it didn't  The problem seemed
to be that the new 802.11 cards look around for a WavePoint to join (and
there wasn't one) and I just wanted to use ad-hoc networking.  I think I saw
a tech note that a WaveLan software upgrade allowed ad-hoc for demo purposes
so maybe that's not a problem now.  I really don't like the new cards at all
so I haven't checked it out since.  When I can't get the old ISA cards any
longer I'll switch to a different manufacturer.