Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:55:29 -0100 (GMT)
From:      Remy NONNENMACHER <remy@synx.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DHCP DNS driven

Hello all,

I need to find a bootpd able to answer DHCP requests by resolving name ->
address via DNS. For the moment, i hacked the ISC-DHCP2 to have this
works but that's ugly. (mapping the client-id to the host-name).

My problem is that developpers use removable disks so that hardware
addresses changes every time and DHCP make a mess of leases.

I can't believe that nobody never ran on this problem. Any thought about
DHCP understood has 'DNS' Host Configuration Protocol ?

Greetings.