Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 1995 20:37:43 -0700
From:      "Michael O'Brien" <obrien@leonardo.net>
To:        obrien@leonardo.net, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: minor frob for 'finger'

Whoops!  Sorry about the cut-n-paste, I'd forgotten about that side
effect (if I ever knew).

I'm also sorry to report that I disagree with this behavior.  In my
mind, the closing ']' means an unequivocal "connection made!", so
your output looks contradictory in my eyes.  It's all in how one was
first exposed, I suppose.  I learned 'finger' on TENEX before it was
ported to UNIX, and TOP-20 thought nothing of leaving things incomplete
like that.

Anyway, I don't want to clutter the list any further, so if you feel
you should commit your change rather than mine, please go ahead.  Most
folks don't care, I'm sure, and my yearnings for my lost youth are
satisfied with the way my code currently behaves.  :-)

Mike O'Brien