Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:11:09 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joel Dahl <joel@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, Murray Stokely <murray@stokely.org>
Subject:   Re: Need an environment for dynamic web content for freebsd.org

Quoting Joel Dahl <joel@FreeBSD.org> (from Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:35:00 +0100):

> Murray Stokely skrev:
>> Our static XML/SGML based infrastructure is really showing its age for
>> some types of web content.  One example is the way we keep track of
>> proposed ideas for student projects or other nascent development
>> projects.  It would be great to have a dynamic web app which displays
>> all the different ideas in different categories, with searching
>> functionality, and most importantly, with some kind of voting
>> functionality so that others could vote and comment on proposals.
>
> I have no problem using the existing infrastructure, but moving it to
> the wiki has been a goal of mine for a long time, as it would allow
> more people to easily contribute stuff without doing the boring
> cvs-commit-and-wait-for-the-website-to-rebuild-dance.
>
> Alexander, what do you think?  Should we move it to the wiki instead?

It doesn't seem that my opinion matters (removal of syncer entry and =20
no re-adding of it on my request). I'm thinking about removing my =20
email address from the ideas page (first I want to send a private mail =20
to Robert asking him if there are other reasons for the removal which =20
where not made public).

Apart from that:
  - the wiki doesn't seem to be able to provide what Murray is
    interested in
  - I like Murrays idea
  - I don't care where the ideas page is located (static/wiki/...),
    as long as we have something to present to people which
    want to contribute

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137
The duration of passion is proportionate with the original resistance
of the woman.
=09=09-- Honore DeBalzac