Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 20:41:45 -0400
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   WaveLAN Driver for FreeBSD

Mike,

I see you were one of the last to overhaul the wl driver in 1997.  I just
moved an old style (pre 802.11) wavelan isa card and the hard drive with
FreeBSD 2.2.6 on it from a 486 machine to a Pentium 133 and it stopped
initializing with the following log entries:

wl0: bldcu() not ready after reset
wl0: diag() failed; status=0,inw=0,outw=e0a0
scb_status 0
scb_command 100
scb_cbl adaa
cu_cmd 8007
wl0: init(): trouble resetting board

Pings to the ifconfigged address work; beyond that, no response.  Not
surprising as it's marked up but not running.  Same problem on a Pentium
200MMX.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?  I know the driver is well
documented so that's where I'll be but I'm hoping this is something obvious
as I would like to use a lot of these boxes for a wireless network.

Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>