Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:25:26 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, molnarcs@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: HAL with new kdebase (permission problems)

--nextPart3070853.30kzZRzjhY

On Thursday, 21. December 2006 21:54, Csaba Molnar wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I installed kdebase with HAL support - it is still greyed out in kcontrol,
> but seems to work.

That's normal - the ability to switch from HAL to fstab and back at runtime=
=20
disappeared a while ago, but nobody ever removed the checkbox.

> However, when I try to mount an usb memory stick, it=20
> complains about a permission problem.

=46irst up, make sure you have the latest version of kdebase, kdebase-3.5.5=
_1.

Then check /usr/ports/UPDATING - I added a few HAL-specific issues to the=20
latest entry for kdebase.

> Mounting it in a traditional way works.

Does that mean you have an /etc/fstab entry for it? That needs to go, hal=20
refuses to mount devices listed in fstab (commenting it out will work, too).

> My user is in groups wheel and=20
> operator, vfs.usermount is on

Just FYI, vfs.usermount is not required for mounting devices with HAL, neit=
her=20
is any group membershit.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org