Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:51:22 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        kc5vdj@yahoo.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMBFS and NETSMB?

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:36:52 EST, Jim Bryant wrote:

> NOTES doesn't say anything about NETSMB or SMBFS, and apparently the
> smbfs port requires these...

Integration of smbfs support into FreeBSD is not yet complete.

> without the NETSMB support I assume is the cause of the "exec format
> error" messages.

You can try the following in your kernel config:

options 	NETSMB
options 	NETSMBCRYPTO
options		LIBMCHAIN
options 	ICONV

All of this is kld loadable in -current, but the panics are more
frequent when the modules are loaded dynamically.

Good luck!

Ciao,
Sheldon.