Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 15:05:34 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Fabrizio Invernizzi <Fabrizio.Invernizzi@CSELT.IT>
Cc:        FreeBSD QUESTIONS <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Guardini Ivano <ivano.guardini@CSELT.IT>
Subject:   Re: Install different versions of FreeBSD on the same machine

Hello,

I have asked about the same question some time ago (around december ?)
and I have had some answers then : you should find them int the
archives.

In summary :
- if you can have 2 disk drives, things will be **much** easier (just
install one version of FreeBSD and everything will be fine as long as
you install booteasy on both disks)
- it is also possible to install two FreeBSD version on the same disk
drive, but it's not as easy (IIRC, Greg Lehey presented a solution where
a 2.x FreeBSD was installed in the "a" subslice and another FreeBSD was
on a "e" slice)
- beware of the limited (in functionnality) boot loader of the 2.x
FreeBSD : it has more or less ruined a 2.2.8 parition I had set aside
before switching to 3.0.

	Anyway, have a look at the archives

	TfH